Character Retopologize

Intro Retopology and Poly Editing:

In class we did some exercises to remember how to use retopology. Particularly in this part of a retopology I had a lot of difficulty in the area of the eyes, nose and mouth to connect circular shapes around the eye, nose, mouth and to join with the continuation of the head shape. I had to practise a lot because I had a lot of doubts, so I watched a lot of tutorial videos to help me and I also used a lot of image references.
I was given a lot of information in class so that I could remember and also learn basic commands at this stage of character creation. I didn’t have many doubts in preparing this part of my character, but there were a few DELAYS with the retopology, in the middle of the process I had to go back many times to get an ending that was OK and that wasn’t flawed.

Customising Brushes:

When it came to working with the brush in blender, I didn’t have many doubts. I used some tutorials which were very helpful for me to be able to work with the brush and which would be the best for each part and detail that I would be making in my character. In the process of sculpting and making the details, I really enjoyed doing it, even though I had a little difficulty with the polygons of the face, which was my great difficulty in making, especially the nose and the detail of the mouth, which were great challenges. But with the help of tutorials I managed to understand better!

For my character, I’ve already finished the details of the retopologize of the upper part, then I moved on to the petals, where I managed to get a good result with the polygons, leaving a good retopologize on each petal.

Finish:

Reference video & images:

hand topology for animation — polycount

ArtStation - Full Body Retopology Tutorial

3D Modeling Part 5: Achieving Retopology and Why It Matters