{Week 7} Rigging & Escape progress

In week 7 we had in class some ways to learn how to work with the ‘Rig’ part where we were given various tasks and games to learn how to use this new step in animation. We had to ask some questions where we practiced in a theoretical way how the form of animation movement works and then some games where we had to try to figure out how to make the objects move.

I really liked the way the task was given to us, it made everyone in class participate in a more fun way. But I also confess that I had a little difficulty in making these two objects move. In the first animation of the robot arms I could make all its parts move correctly and connect but I couldn’t make the claw move to catch the ball and in the second animation I could ‘Join’ all the shapes and even make them move together but I couldn’t make the rotation correctly.

Even though I had some difficulties I really enjoyed doing these basic movements and trying to discover some of the mistakes with this task I was able to understand that I have to practice a lot more!

Songs :

After we did the animation, we started talking about what we were going to do next in the animation after getting some feedback from our preview we started to make some modifications. Talking our group separated in each part in would be making the things but also each one helping each other, in this Zoe was responsible of doing the songs effects of the animation where she made different attempts of songs.

In the first one she did a more funky style with a more trumpet sound where it made the animation funny.

In the second one it was more just the effects songs, where it was more listenable the movements that the characters made in the scenes.

And with the last Zoe made a more ‘Fluid’ song where it’s just the songs of the characters moving but very fast and with some updates that we made.

Layout ideas:

After I did some of my first modelling of our set I did different designs of how it would look inside the bakery, I used light colours and pastel colours to match our animation, but because I’m not very good at interior design I stayed with the set up part and Jessica was responsible for doing the Interior Designer part.

My process:

I tried to make different positions of the furniture inside the bakery where visually it would look better to understand the positions of each item in the bakery.

Jessica Process:

We talked about having a small change in the window part, this way Jessica made different kind of windows with some of the model I showed.

Jessica made different color palettes where she showed us which would look best, in my perception the darker colours  matched more with the bakery where it highlighted the characters more.

Final designer: