During this semester, the most I struggled with was changing groups as I enjoyed the first group I was in but I didn’t really like the direction the world idea was going. When I changed to the fish group, it was fine at first but then the leader of the group left, leaving the rest of us a little stranded and made it hard for us to start conversations as we weren’t as sure as what the idea of the world was. Many people in our group were missing days making it worse but then we finally got a day where most of group were in and we finally figured out the entire plot and scenes of our film. This was stressful at first but finally getting together and figuring everything out was a huge relief. If I were to be put in this situation again, I would try a lot harder to communicate with my group as I was a little shy at starting conversations with them but as soon as I attempted to, they were a lot easier to talk to than I thought they would be.

While working on the weekly animation tasks, it made me take the twelve principles of animation into more consideration as I was animating. I enjoyed adding secondary animation to my scenes as I think it adds a lot of extra movement and I believe they’re my best work outcomes. The tasks were a little tricky at first as I was struggling a bit with 3D Literacy and I let little bits of unfinished homeworks build up over time. If I were to do this again, I would try harder to get class and homeworks finished on the day I get them.

I enjoyed character design the most and making up random concepts on what the story and characters are like within the world. I realised while working, I wasn’t the best at making good colour palettes, but the Adobe Colour tool helped greatly in helping me make my own palettes and helped me figure out how to add more colours onto pre-existing ones by myself.

I was able to pick up composition up pretty quickly as I found it easy to make many images with the rule of thirds in mind. I struggled the most with perspective as I found one point perspective straight forward, but two-point perspective was a lot more difficult and I feel like I should’ve challenged myself more with it.

I really enjoyed creating my storyboard and animatic but I believe the shots are a little too safe as the camera is always eye level with the characters and also always close to them. If I were to do it again, I would experiment more with different, more interesting shots. Except for that, I really like how the characters look and the facial expressions I gave them.