Animation Strategies overview

I’ve never been much of a person to be interested in environments, and when I was told about this task, I felt as if it was too daunting to be able to accomplish! However, being able to work as a team has helped me flourish and be proud of the work I’ve done!!

One aspect that this has helped me with is being able to experiment with my models! The fact that we had to chose a style helped me figure out new ways to manipulate the meshes in Maya, like moving around the vertices, faces and edged to manipulate the shape! I’ve also gained a lot more experience in texturing, such as using smart materials ad lamberts to my advantage, and manipulating the roughness of the materials! I’ve also been able to make glass, which was also a fun experience!  Being able to practice in Unreal Engine also helped me figure out how the process goes, and I ha a lot of fun with playing with the lighting and cameras!

However, if there’s one thing I need to improve on, is time management, especially at the start of the project! Being able to get many models done as soon as possible helps speed up the process later on, especially to check if there’s any glitches!

In conclusion, I’ve had a wonderful time working with my team, and I’ve learnt many skills that will help me in the next semester!