IXD301 – Continuing the Elements Prototype – (Week Ten)

Periodic Table

For the periodic table design for my app, I kept the same font and tile style as I have started on the elements pages for continuity. I think it works well due to the more detailed background – I really want to make sure that the writing is clear enough to read for my target audience.

I thought then that it might be better to add a little tip to let the kids using the app know that if they tap a tile it will take them through to the element.

Elements

For the elements, I just continued on with my designs from last week. I was a bit unsure initially as I felt they all looked very similar and lacked individuality, so I added a different symbol to each one to help the user visualise the element in their head and therefore make it more memorable.

Home Page

I’ve continued with my home page/forest user flow, trying to trace the steps that my user will need, like an introduction of how to use the forest explore page.

I still have a lot to do and I think it’s taking more time than I anticipated because my user flow has chopped and changed quite a bit over the last week. I’m hoping over the next week I will create a more fleshed out project.