3D-Digital-Literacy Reflection Post (200 words)

This module kind of scared me at the beginning, as I have no experience in working with 3D modelling programs, so needless to say, there was a big learning curve. I wasn’t able to be present physically for most lectures because of my household catching covid after the first week’s lecture. I’ve also been in the process of moving house after this, so it’s been a very stressful period of time for me overall.

I joined online when I could, and made sure to watch the recordings when I couldn’t. Despite not having enough time to complete all the extra tasks, I made sure to do as many as I could and I feel like my skill in Maya has definitely improved a lot since the beginning. I feel more confident navigating it and using shortcuts. UV mapping wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be, I actually surprised myself by getting the hang of it (in my opinion) pretty quickly.

I got pretty comfortable with Substance Painter quickly after going through all of the recorded videos about it, as they were very informative and easy to follow. Though I don’t understand the height map part fully.