Updates to opening scene and animation.

This is the lined and finalised opening scene for our animation. As you can see, it has been slowed down quite a bit in comparison to the rough version. I plan on making the character all one colour, probably the yellow used in the crest, just to make things easy and quick! After all, it’s just a little opening animation.

I have also had some feedback from Sarah on my animation, and I have made a few changes based on her advice:

“Ah love the background! his is looking great – the main thing that stands out is the timing. The first shot overall feels very fast and throughout her eye movement is very frantic- Id slow this down as it feels really fast and because of this detracts from the main action especially in the finger making the spell. The camera zoom to the telescope also feels fast but overall great work and looking really nice! Very illustrative and cool style.”

I also feel the beginning scene is quite fast, however if I’m totally honest, I’m really not sure how to fix this and as time is slowly running out, I am reluctant to spend much more time on it – I want to have the entire animation coloured by the time it’s ready for submission — I feel that this will really complete the animation, and as my own personal goal I want to get this finished; this is what I now want to dedicate my time to. I did slow down Hyacinth’s eye movements, whilst reading throughout the animation, as well as ironing out a bunch of little glitches here and there for an overall smoother viewing. Hopefully this makes it feel a little less frantic – I believe it does over all. I have also added in my transition scene (subject to change), which I think helps the beginning scene feel a lot less frantic and quick.

Tomorrow I will start colouring my character.