Concepts

I was actually quite excited for this world and loved the idea of a big fairy tree in the centre of it. If done right it could look beautiful, aw just imagining it made me happy. I think I came up with a pretty nice concept of the fairy tree and the group seemed to approve of it. I certainly did, but in the end my role was not the main tree but the backgrounds instead so I got working on that.

In the group discussion, I mentioned that there could be the possiblity of threats in this fairy world. The theme started to down a bit of a darker route than the usual light and fluffy fairy road. I for one was all on board for that, but I wanted to make the threats subtle as to not take away from the main work but add more sense of the world.

These are some concepts of close up layouts. There was talk of a pond so I tried drawing some ideas of the pond edge and back into the forest. Think they nice concepts but I seemed to be going for a realistic approach which I’m not sure is the approach the group is going for.