3D Digital Literacy – Week 1, Module Intro

For our first week of 3D digital literacy, we were asked to follow a cactus modelling tutorial as well as some practice 3D modelling projects. I chose to model the table and chairs along with martini glasses.

Below is the video of my finished cactus and the practice modelling projects:

Cactus video:

I’m not great at 3D modelling, I don’t have much knowledge with it, but Alec’s tutorial to make this cactus was super helpful and it really helped me understand Maya’s tool as I’ve never used Maya before. The modelling and animating went well but I had difficulties exporting it from Maya.

With some help from Alec though I was able to get it exported and made into a video at the sacrifice of the background colour and lighting. I still think it looks pretty good regardless and I’m proud of how it turned out for my first animated 3D model of the year.

Table, chairs and martini glasses:

I had a lot of fun making this at home. It was all relatively easy since most of it was just basic cube shapes put together. The martini glasses were a little more difficult but I managed to make them from just the one cube. I’m pretty happy and proud of how this turned out and I think the colours work well too.