Design a World – Parts 1, 2 & 3

Over the past week or so, I have managed to fully finish the first three parts of my animation. They are shown below although they don’t have their sound effects added in. Character credit to Josh Graham, the creator of Eden.

Part 1:

I think this part turned out well and, after getting some feedback, I added more detail to the manhole cover as it wasn’t initially clear that that was what it was. I also animated the cat in the box some after getting feedback so that the rest of the scene didn’t look so stiff. I think this part lasts a bit too long so I will probably shorten it some when it comes to editing my parts together.

Part 2:

I think this part also turned out well too. I think it moves a little fast but I think it’s ok. I tried adding some secondary action in Eden’s pigtails too which I think looks ok but maybe a little too fast. I think the pacing of this part is ok and lasts just the right amount.

Part 3:

I think this part turned out alright. It moves a little too fast but nonetheless looks ok. Even though Eden’s feet don’t hit the ground, I think this part gets the point across that she’s getting out of the bin well.

So far I’ve had little to no issues in terms of animating. I think I might be taking a little too long to get parts done but I’m sure I’ll be able to get the entirety of my part of the animation done before the deadline.