NASA Moon Missions Operations Manual: 1969 ‑ 1972

The second book I had loaned was titled NASA Moon Missions Operations Manual: 1969 ‑ 1972 by David Baker. This book is more text-heavy than the previous book, however there’s some sections that could inspire my site’s design choices.

Each paragraph in this book begins with an oversized capitalised letter. I could use this in my site as a way to make blocks of text more visually interesting, using red instead of blue though.

I also liked the imagery of the moon surface with the hills in the distance, and rocks in the foreground. Perhaps this would make for an effective homepage design for my site – using a parallax animation to make it more interactive for the user.

These types of images and diagrams included in the book might fit well with my colour scheme, and my black background.

I find this image of a rocket launch very striking. Perhaps I could animate this image with the use of AI tools to make it come to life, with the smoke billowing outwards. The user could hover over the static image and it would become an animation.

The book has a closing chapter titled ‘Going back’ containing an effective paragraph that I could include in my own site as a conclusion. As my site should be styled as a narrative, with a beginning, middle and end – this closing paragraph about the Apollo program would be a good addition. The last page is a photo of the last man on the Moon – Eugene Cernan. I could also include this photo towards the end of my site as well.