IXD301- Week 8- Elements Project Development

As I continue the development process of creating my elements game I began to face problems such as where do I go from here?

I loved the idea of creating a game where you battle against the evil genius to try and kill him and save the world by using these elements and therefore learning about what these elements do along the way. However, once you complete this task? how do you continue the game?

To combat this problem I created a mind map and quickly jot down all my ideas as they came to my head.

This lead to the Development of my ideas. I like the idea of being able to slowly collect all the groups of elements as you go up levels. Each element will have a character associated with it, resembling the elements characteristics. You can play quick-fire mini games on the side to collect these elements for the “final battle” between the professors EG play mini games to collect all the deadly elements so you can defeat the evil genius in the final battle.

These elements are then stored in the element street house where you can visit them when you wish. You can then go to the next level of the game and begin mini games collecting another group of elements to store in the house.

The more final Battles you win, the more coins you collect which can be used to buy special features EG more lives etc.

I also like the thought of a multiplayer mode where you can play against your friends and trade groups of elements to try and complete their element street house.

Reflection

I am a lot happier now with my game idea now that I have more layers to it and feel it can be more successful now as there is more structure and feel it would be a good way for kids to learn the periodic table without realising it as you learn them and their characteristics with a small group at a time.