Week 13

For this week I decided to do something a little different, but something that I had experience in, which was sound design. 

I asked my group if a “hunter spotting” noise would be useful, and they said that it’d be something I could try out, and if they liked the sound, I could implement it.

I’d tried sound design before, during last summer, and had liked the experience, nothing professional, but enough to know what I was doing.

So I grabbed a few sample noises off youtube’s audio library, and then I looked up some owl noises, I knew I wanted an owl noise in there due to our character being based on an owl, so I wanted that subtle connection, even if it was subtle or even not noticeable.

I then looked up some videos of Owls hooting, and chose one, then Using VLC player, downloaded the video, opening up the application Adobe Audition, I was able to bring the audio files onto the timeline.

Since I’m not overly experienced with audio effects, but I knew some of the terminologies, so was able to work my way through and get some creepy sounding effects, whilst also keeping the owl sound in there subtle.

I checked in with the group, and they seemed to like the sound, and it’s going to be added to the game.