IXD 303 – Making a Journey Map

Prologue

From my previous blog post looking into journey maps, I then got to work making one.

Journey Map

The User Journey Map talks about the different stages of user’s journey currently and while using my app. I thought about some potential pain points along the way they may come across. I set up 3 sets of areas relating to the journey.

Firstly was their current situation. I know from personal experience having to do phone calls can be very anxiety inducing, this would be a realistic assumption to make that many people suffer from this as well. The opportunity as the bottom is what I can do remedy this, as stated I would make an app dedicated to ordering repeat prescriptions.

Secondly is them using the app. The biggest focus would be on accessibility, this app would be made by a wide range of people of all ages and backgrounds. I would have to make this app simple to follow. I added that to the opportunity section, making the app user friendly and simple to use.

Lastly is the ordering the repeat prescriptions. An issue some people forget to do is to take them regularly, people can forget due to busy life styles or because of medical reasons like dementia. This can remedy this by setting up the push notification system to send a notification at a set specific time. As I did write in the opportunities I would add the option to send push notifications to the user.

Doing this gave me a goal to stride towards. Make a user friendly and simple to use app for order repeat prescriptions without any hassle. Along with the primary feature of the app, it will also have features like reminding the user to take the medience as well allow the user to manage ongoing prescriptions.