Over the course of my first year in my Animation Course I connected with so many people who were also interested in making art and animations like I was. I learned a lot about using 3D software such as Blender and how I can create stunning effects on my models using tutorials and learning through the videos our teachers sent us. I enjoyed hanging out with my friends through private meetings and through the classes we had.

The people in my group were Cor, Sean, Shane and Chika and I had a great time with each of them, talking with them over how to approach the prompt we were given and what our concept should be about. I laid down my ideas and helped them get out of a tight spot in conceptualising the project.

I found it very fun interacting with the rest of the group over Discord. Talking to my peers was a good deal of fun and we were able to decide and lay out who was doing what in the project. We also organised independent study work meetings on days that we weren’t in to help each other out in the project and also to hang out.

Overall I found this semester to be very good as it allowed me to properly connect with others and share ideas and opinions with them and develop a good friendship with each of them. They were able to get a lot out of my contributions and I had a lot of fun animating and working in this module. At the start of the year I was timid and did’nt really engage all that well with my peers, but after collaborating and working with them I have become a lot more open and able to engage and interact with people and work with them on creating an animate project.