The first week of Ulster University began with induction and simply getting to know the tutors and students. I was put in with 4 other members of my group to discuss and create a small, unmarked group project where we had to create a 7 second intro for Toody Threedy, a monthly event which was about to restart operation. The names of my group were Jack, Oisin, Sweeny and Amy. We talked about ideas of characters to use for this project of ours.

Eventually it was settled that we would use one of Jack’s characters. Thanks to some advice from the tutors to make them more distinctive, we had a good character to use for our project.

Next, we decided on how we could incorporate the 2D and 3D aspects of the event. Only Oisin had any experience in 3D whereas the rest of us didn’t. So, it was eventually settled that four of us would animate them in 2D while Oisin made a 3D background.

Each of us had to draw the character in each of our own distinct styles for at least one second each. Jack did the first part, Sweeney did the second part, I did the third part and Amy did the last part.

The finished animation was presented by the four of us the following day. Jack did not participate, as he was off.

My part of the animation involves use of follow through as the hair stops moving after the body finishes moving, and the sleeves also follow through from the shirt. My part is very short and is easy to miss, and lacks the antennae that the other parts had, but that was because I was working on a tight schedule and the software was a bit buggy.