IXD303: User Personas/Stories

User personas

After researching, I felt ready to make some user personas to represent my target audience. This will help me understand user needs and goals when designing the interface. It will also help me keep their pain points in mind so I can find solutions for them.

The first persona is “Sofie Hill”

She is a panda health researcher who finds it difficult to properly research the health and wellbeing of giant pandas when we know little about their whereabouts and health. I hope that my app solves this issue and enables similar users to find better ways of improving the health of pandas.

I also added a “technology knowledge” section with options from poor to very good. This user is positioned at good. However, this doesn’t mean she won’t benefit massively from an easy-to-use interface.

The second persona is “Joel Morris”

He is a panda veterinarian who wants to track the health of pandas better to give them help when need be. Their current method of tracking pandas is slow and frustrating and they’re unable to track pandas’ health in real-time. I hope that my app enables them to do this, so the panda population increases.

His technology knowledge is positioned at “okay”. There will be many users at this level and below as I have found that a lot of users will be older through research.

User stories

As a _____ I want to____ so that____

• As a panda veterinarian, I want to track wild pandas’ health and location so that we can give them more immediate medical attention.
  • As a panda health specialist, I want to track wild pandas’ health so that we can continue increasing their population.
  • As a panda health researcher, I want to see panda health in real-time so that I can uncover health issues and find better ways to improve their health.
  • As a panda veterinarian, I want to track pandas’ health so that I am more confident releasing pandas in captivity back to the wild.

Creating user personas and stories has really helped me get into the mindset of the user. I can refer to these when designing my app to ensure I am keeping on track. This will help me address their goals and needs and find solutions to their problems.