IXD303: What Area of Healthcare Should I Focus on?

Healthcare is a huge subject area. Therefore, I decided to make a spider diagram of different areas I could focus on for this project. I also wrote some potential UX solutions that I could incorporate into my design.

After doing this, the animal category was the one that grabbed my attention the most. I love animals, so creating something that will be beneficial to their health would be amazing. I split it into 4 categories: Zoo animals, pet owners, endangered animals, and ocean animals.

I tried to be very open-minded with this and write down any ideas that came to mind, including potential UX solutions. Out of these ideas, I like the app idea for vets. It could be useful by showing them their patient’s medical history, medication they’re on, appointments, etc. I also like the medical wearables for endangered animals’ idea.

I am still in the early stages of this project, so I am going to continue my research into different areas. I will also do more focused research on animals and UX as this has attracted my attention.