IXD301 – Inspiration and Initial Sketches

Finding Inspiration

Before getting into designing my Portfolio Site I had to look for inspiration. Here are some of the places looked towards…

Pinterest

I have a Portfolio Site board on Pinterest that I’ve been continuously adding to since summer time. It really came in handy for finding inspiration for this project. You can find it here.

Dribbble

I also found some really great examples just from searching for portfolio sites and scrolling through dribble.

My Brand Guidelines

I really want my portfolio to reflect myself and how I love to design as accurately as possible to potential employers and clients.Because of this I made sure to look my brand guidelines I developed for the IXD104 module on Exploring Identity because when designing my brand I tried to make it as authentic to me as possible. I view my portfolio as another extension of my brand and as such, it should look the part. You can view my brand guidelines here.

Other Designers

I then looked at portfolios of specific designers and studios. Some of the sites I looked at include Sean Halpin, Poposhki, Edward Lim, Hicks Design, Illo Studio and Aurora Shao.

Initial Sketches

Once I felt like I had found enough inspiration I began to sketch out ideas.

Crazy 8’s

More Sketches

My next steps will be fleshing out my ideas in wireframes, planning my case studies and doing up a high res mock up for the feedback session in week 3.