Character Design

During class, we were tasked with creating characters using different shapes -Squares, Circles, and Triangle.Using squares and rectangles, I created a delinquent style character. I gave him a rectangular pompadour hairstyle and built his body from squares. Using circles, I created a young and bubbly girl character. She seems as though she’d be bouncing around a lot and very animated. With triangles, I created a snooty, high fashion woman. With her nose in the air, she seems like a very snooty/stuck up character.

I did some character sketch sheets for the character of Eden in our animation.

I liked my more detailed designs more, but knew they would be harder to animate. I also did more traditional/older style clothing alongside some more 90s style designs, because we were torn on having our animation set in either the 20s or the 90s.

My designs on the left were inspired by Suehiro Maruo’s Shoujo Tsubaki. My design for Eden was inspired by the young girl.

Movie: Midori / Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shōjo Tsubaki

For her 90s style design, I went with dungarees and some bright colours. I looked up pictures of 90s kids fashion and decided to give her bright colours and stripes on the sleeves, with denim dungarees.

How To Wear 90s Trends - Retro Style Tips

This was sheet of some more simplified faces. Her face is rounder and looks more childlike, and more simple to animate.

Below are some robot designs from when I was originally doing designs for the cyberpunk group.