The Design of My Manifesto

My Chosen Manifesto

I have chosen my final manifesto idea but I wanted to get the wording correct, so I started with a spider diagram with all of the areas and aspects that I wanted my manifesto to include. I wanted to be sure that my manifesto got my specific ideas across clearly and creatively.

”Root for yourself. If you want to keep growing you have to keep going”

Minimalism

This movement originated in New York and it is described as extreme simplicity of form. Minimalists sought to break down traditional notions of sculpture and to erase distinctions between painting and sculpture. This type of art can add a sense of rhythm and fluidity, it also offers a highly purified form of beauty. Things are stripped away in order to see the purified object.

Pinterest offered me lots of inspiration in terms of minimalistic art works, such as posters and paintings. Through this research I have found the simplicity and addition of only a few colours and tones truly influential, I want my manifesto to take the same form.

Sketches

Firstly I sketched various typography ideas and icon designs, then I sketched numerous compositions and from looking at the sketches I landed on my final design idea. I decided on this simple layout and composition, I feel as though it delivers my message effectively. I want my manifesto to be clear, easy to read yet still have a modern, minimalistic design.

Taking my design digital

I took my ideas and sketches over to Adobe XD, here I experimented with layout and typography. I wanted to play around with different ideas as I thought that this would be beneficial since designs on paper can look different on a laptop.

These were my first two designs, I like the colour scheme however I wasn’t completely happy with the overall design and illustrations. So I decided to go back to my sketch work and I designed my desired design, I was really happy with the final outcome. It’s modern and minimalistic design is what I wanted my manifesto to portray, and more importantly when I read this manifesto I am instantly motivated and inspired to keep on working!

The final outcome- My Manifesto

Caoimhe Greene- Manifesto