IXD302 Wk7:- Lecture Talk

This weeks lecture involved a talk from a guest speaker. The talk was really helpful and it was a chance to have a honest opinion of what working in the industry is actually like.

One piece of advice that was said and that really stuck with me was that a side project that does not have to do with work should be kept, this can be anything from illustration to  reading to sculpture making. Just something that will be able to take me away from my work. This can be essential in ensuring that a burnout does not occur and that I keep the passion for my work. Sometimes work can be overwhelming and can create a lot of pressure so having something to take all of that away can be really important.

I realised how important this can be, its something that can be easily forgotten about and is something that I had never personally gave much thought to but this talk made me realise that I need to find that thing outside of work that I am passionate about and that would keep me going and at the top of my game in relation to my work