IXD302 – Global Warming & Climate Change Research

To better my pitch I needed to back up what I was saying, so I had to do some research to validate my points. I wanted to research all about global warming and climate change. I took to the news headlines for some shocking sentences that would catch the audiences attention and make them really pay attention to what I was saying.  This images below are the headlines I had chosen to include in my pitch and look further into.

All of these headlines are current which made me want to include them even more, because these are on the news right now so I know it is important to others. I tried to select the headlines with the most shocking language that would really captivate any audience for example hellscape, intense storms and plagues. There was so many other headlines I could of chosen showing me that it is so current every news station is covering it. I wanted to do some more research into this so I then took to more mainstream research,

What is Global Warming?

Global warming is the unusually rapid increase in Earth’s average surface temperature over the past century primarily due to the greenhouse gases released as people burn fossil fuels.Despite ups and downs from year to year, global average surface temperature is rising

What is Climate Change?