IXD302 – Brainstorming ideas for the Pitch Project

To begin this project I thought it would be a good idea to use some of Daniels idea generation methods and begin brain storming some ideas. I have lots of ideas since the scope is so wide for this project. I feel I have too many in my head so I am using the post-it note method of brainstorming to get them out on a wall, so I can group ideas together, or come up with a great concept.

I started with coming up with an idea for the project, any idea. I wrote down things from global warming, women, health, safety and so much more. I tried to write down whatever came into my head when I thought app ideas or website concepts. I wanted to create as many post-it notes as I could so I could see them visually on a wall, step back and try to group some ideas together.

Which ideas stood out to me?

As seen below, I groups the ideas that stuck out to me, or the ideas that I thought could go further:

• Global warming
  • Education
  • Well-being
  • Recycling

These are the words I thought worked well together, and this started to form some app ideas in my head, as seen below.

• An app that gives you a reminder to take out your recycling,
  • An app where you earn points when you recycle, save on your Carbon footprint, when you walk instead of drive
  • An app where you can donate to local global warming causes/charities
  • An app where you can plant trees
  • An app that educates people on global warming/climate change

I then wanted to do another brain storming activity that is focused on global warming, I wanted to brainstorm devices that I could make an idea on, for example app or website or even an e-book. The image below is what I came up with and what interested me was the futuristic ideas, like vr or a hologram that comes up from an Apple Watch. All of these concepts are great for development and help to keep my forward thinking cap on. After all I am designing for the future.