Week 4- lecture summary and thoughts

Key interview skills:

• willing to learn
  • push the boundaries
  • be a team player
  • personality ( enthusiasm)
  • user centre approach

Daniel mentioned enthusiasm ands how it is so important, when I care about something I become very enthusiastic about it and I want to have this come across well in an interview but not to the point where its annoying…

What did I learn from this lecture?

I learned a lot of great helpful tips from this lecture. Daniel provided me with a lot of great tips for interviews, these include end on a positive note, such as I would be a great fit for this company! Another important topic he raised was to not prepare by rhyming off scripts but simply prepare a few points about each topic.

Class task – interview

We were paired up and we had to ask each other questions from the sheets below and we had to mark our partner with the interview mark sheet. I was paired with Cara and we gave each other honest feedback which was really beneficial.

Example Questions

My results

What did I learn from this exercise?

This class task opened my eyes to how much more I need to prepare for interviews! When you are put on the spot it can be hard to think of an answer to a question you haven’t thought about or though t you would be asked about. The question I struggled with the most was talking about my failures- something that went wrong in a past project. When I think of it now I can think of lots of things that have went wrong in all of my projects but when I was put on the spot I froze and I didn’t know what to say or how to word my answer. Therefore from looking at my mark sheet this is something I can work on and practice. This will come with practice and I want to look into more questions about UX so I am fully prepared for my interviews!

IXD302- Interview skills
Tagged on: