I was assigned reading last week and I was assigned reading for A project guide to UX and I had to read chapter 3. I wrote my thoughts about this book below…

Chapter 3 – Proposals for Consultants and freelancers (a guide for those who manage their own business)

My notes from this chapter-

One of the main points that I learned from this chapter is to ALWAYS write a proposal it’s so important. I learned that relationships with client and myself can seem great in the beginning but when it comes to money and payments the honeymoon period can end really quickly and I need to protect myself at ALL costs! Therefore I need to learn how to make a proposal.

This chapter talked about the specific elements I need to include within my proposal- the core components. I made some notes on my iPad about this information-

I feel like this chapter will really help me in the making of design proposal which is our next task. I have never made one before so I think that this will be a great source. I didn’t know any of the above information so it made for a good read, I mean to be honest a lot of the information went over my head but I think before I begin to write my proposal I will re-read this to be sure I know what I have to include. I think this chapter got me in the space for knowing the language I need to use, its very specific and formal.

IXD302- A project guide to UX: Chapter 3
Tagged on: