Moving on from my research I have decided to go with the retro route and before I began my sketches I made mood boards with two different styles that I want my project to take on. I took images from Google and Pinterest.

Sketches

I started with some rough pen sketches and I used Harry Styles lyrics. I have decided to focus the line aspect on the design of the letters instead of the lyrics being about line.

Sketches with colour

I created more sketches but focused on colour and I tried out different layouts that are centred around ‘line’.

Song choice

Spotify link- Treat People with Kindness by Harry Styles

Why this song?

I chose this song because of the positive impact and message it represents. I feel like the world, especially in this period of time needs more songs like this and this message is something I believe in. My chosen theme for the design of this project is the era of the 70’s and I thought that this particular song choice would make a good choice as it gives off good vibes, and the 70’s were all about good vibes and positivity and I know I certainly could benefit from that at this time in my life! Another reason for me choosing this song was the fact the ‘Fine Line’ album by Harry Styles was influenced by retro pop and rock and Styles actually had singers from the 70’s sing on some of the songs.

These sketches have given me a good foundation and now I will move my drawings and sketches into Adobe XD and create some digital mockups for my project. I prefer the bottom left hand sketch, the layout and the colour scheme work well together, so I am going to try this out in Adobe XD and mock up some different poster options. I also like the lined font idea which I will try out and see what that looks like on screen.

IXD101- Follow the Rhythm sketches
Tagged on: