IXD301 – week 7 – Visiting the Ulster Museum’s “Elements Exhibition”

After the introduction to the new deliverable – “The elements project” Kyle suggested that we visit the elements exhibition at the Ulster Museum to allow us to understand how elements surround us in daily life.

It made me consider lots of different potential subject matters I could explore with my elements project, and I found it really interesting reading about how the elements interact with eachother to form materials.

collection-story

The most interesting part of the exhibition was seeing the various everyday objects and reading about how the elements worked inside of them.  I also enjoyed seeing the table in the middle of the room created by 3D glass blocks, the what the elements in their solid form look like inside of them.

THE ELEMENTS BEHIND TECHNOLOGY:

I found this section of the exhibition to be particularly interesting, mainly because technology surrounds us constantly everyday, changing our lives drastically, but most of us as users don’t know how it works at all.  I’d love my project to focus a bit more on the elements of technology, and I’ll definitely be researching more into this area in the coming week.