for homework, we have to have our characters at least blocked out but preferably nearly done modeling as we are going to topologies them.

I started by blocking out the Hanbok shape of the dress, using edge loops and scaling them, using the reference image to get all the correct proportions and positioning. I then added the limbs and the head, as well as the neck, but i ended up removing the neck as the scarf ended up covering it from every angle where as I thought it would show from the back.

I then blocked out the ears, then the outfit details, the bells, and then the tails. I used a mirror modifier for the ears, bells and tails. I plan to keep the mirror modifier on until I am done sculpting so that they stay the same. Once everything was blocked out I decided to detail the ears as I learnt from my first test sculpt that simply sculpting the ears makes them not look the way I want them to look. So I selected faces and deleted them then added a solidify modifier to give them some volume but still keep them thin and in the shape I want. All I have to do is final adjustments and smooth everything then I can start sculpting, which shouldn’t take too long.

After I finished fixing some small things I smoothed and certain parts have been paired together, some I am keeping separate until sculpting is done and then they will be combined.

This was really fun, and I can see that I know much more about how to use blender compared to my first trial sculp as everything looks much cleaner and crisper, and I was able to achieve it in a quicker time. I am really looking forward to how the final outcome will look, as I think its looking pretty good so far.