Cathal and Jack have done no work the entire time they were with us and have now left the course last week. One of them was in charge of level design and we had to show off our game to random play testers. This is the first time I’ve seen the game in action and the level was a vast empty grey room, none of my work and animations were implemented and there was randomly a jetpack flying mechanic that the games people have never mention before and put it into the game without our knowledge. We need to have a talk due to the lack of communication but this week, we’ll have to quickly make art for the implemented stuff.

I was told that my fishing net that hangs from the ceiling looks more like a rock than a net. I tried making it look more net like.

None of my team liked it and said it’s just the shape that doesn’t look like a net so I will have to re-draw it.

Ref sent by Clio

Image

Final net

None of my items have been implemented with the slight jitter animation, so all my objects from now on will be one drawing.

I was also told that my characters aren’t doing anything interesting and that I should make them do something relevant to their surroundings.

For the harbour characters, I made it look like the old man is fishing. For the lady, I’m going to make her carry boxes with a walk cycle, so she’ll be walking back and forth and it’ll look like she carrying different boxes to different places.