As my character is a fish person that eats fishermen, it’ll have to be in an environment with water and land.

At first I thought maybe a beach but after watching this video, it made me realise how it would be way too simple and a bit boring to look at. And my character would kinda be standing there with nothing to really interact with.

I saw this video for the environment and it’s a lot more interesting to look at with mountains trees and rocks, but the water looks a little shallow for my creature.

Environment/Fishing Law - OSB SolicitorsPort of Conneaut Bird Observation Platform Area - 2020 All You Need to ...

I started looking at some other fishing place references but I don’t think my creature would be able to live in a river like environment as it’s supposed to be a bit taller than a human so it would be too big. It’ll have to be in an ocean.

These are the types of environment I want to go with. I’ll have to make the environment look more spooky though as I want the creature to come off as threatening and to give the environment a hopeless and threatening atmosphere. I want to add fog, a more gloomy looking sky and greyish water.

I found this video which explains how to create an environment that looks really close to what I’m going for so it’ll help me create an environment with water and rocks.

This video showed me how to add water and create simple land. I went onto Epic Games Launcher to download a bunch of rock assets for free which I then laid out to look like rocks that are close to an ocean. I also placed a mannequin for a reference to where the creature will be and its height compared to everything around it.

I experimented with the lighting a little because I wasn’t sure if I wanted the lighting to be reddish or grey.

I think that the red is a bit too deep and that the grey is too dark. I’ll make the lighting grey but lighter and have the lighting a bit brighter as I want the character to still be visible. I still want to use red so I’ll make the sky a little red because I like how intimidating it looks.