At the minute there is no website that solely focuses on Hill Street, Belfast meaning that to collect information and content for my proposal document it has to come from other sourced websites such as the website for Titanic Quarter and Cathedral Quarter to highlight to me the areas that are used with this site to invite users onto their platforms.

Titanic Quarter – By the outlook of this website its main content is based around informative data of the Titanic Quarter which is the key to creating an effective site. They split their content into 5 main section that include residential, visiting, working, staying and general information of the area. This website consist of the buildings surrounding the titanic quarter as well as the business that travel through and about the location. They use a range of image to portray the area and showcase its beauty and also contains a small brief explanation of the history of the Titanic Quarter, connection with game of thrones and of course the history behind the Titanic. I can image that this site is widely used by tourists and is designed for mainly this because as a user from Belfast the content and information have no relevance to what I don’t already know.

In all the website is designed well in responsive structure and layout and the navigation is simple and easy enough for all user to get to where their goal would be. I like the use of colour that help bring out the information and images and also keep that historic like in with the H&W cranes.

Cathedral Quarter – The Cathedral Quarter website is one that I believe always has has an amazing and well designed site because of the wide source of information available with everything from bars and restaurants to art museums, the website literally has it all to show and is regularly update to ensure of this. I love Cathedral Quarter to visit and wonder round when I’m in the city centre and I think they mirrored this amazingly on the site, as like the streets theres so much to discover on this site.

I love that they cover the history side in detail because not many people are aware of the heritage and culture of Belfast that is held within these streets and its nice to see it showcased in this way. I don’t feel like this site is overpowering with information cause it has everything you need and want to know available to you as a user. The main focus are about Cathedral Quarter, what’s there to explore, what’s coming, business information and news of the streets.

This site showcases local businesses from bar and coffee to solicitors in the streets. When I’m on this site I feel like its an inclusive site because it has so much content to share which would be something I would want to implement as I go further into my site discovery for Hill Street.

The use of the typography on this site is something that really jump out at me first its playful and fun just like the surroundings of Cathedral Quarter. The colours that are used are bright but simple enough that it doesn’t over power the amount of text on the pages.

Navigation wise is simply as most of the content is accessible via scroll and think link through out other areas of the site.

I always find that when I do competitor research such as this that I can’t discover further concepts of design on sites I would normally direct myself to for inspiration such as these. Conducting this research has become beneficial to allow me to visual how I could potentially structure my content for my Hill street website.