In this weeks class Daniel discuss with up about our upcoming pitch assessment and how we would best go about preparing for the presentation.

Pitching and Presenting isn’t one of my strong point and because of this I thought I would be best to take all I could from this week lecture to ensure that I was fully prepared for pitch in 3 weeks time.

The main points that I noted down that I will be taking with me into my pitch were:

• Sticking to time limits
  • Prioritising images over text where I can
  • Use English no slang
  • Grid my images for a readable layout
  • Practice and Prepare
  • Keep the audience focused and interested
  • Try end of a good point

These points seem basic and remember but as soon as I stand up to present they go out of my head so I must keep in mind this point to ensure I present well.

Im aware that I get bad nerves when presenting and I try my best to handle these nerves but sometime I can’t control my anxiety when presenting which makes me more nervous. And because of this I decided to do some further research on the don’ts of presenting so that if I struggle to present overall I have an effective pitch deck that demonstrates my ideas.

Slide Crimes –

These are points that I must be aware of in order to create a professional and well structured pitch:

• Too much text
  • Too many slides
  • Spelling mistakes
  • Nothing lined up
  • Jump from point to point in a disorganized way
  • Rush through my presentation
  • Focusing too much of my speaker’s notes

I found this article that covers some Presentation skills that I will have to look back on when beginning to plan my slide deck

Presentation Skills: 5 Presentation Crimes

I found an example video of Taylor Swift when she was accepting her Women of the Decades Award in 2019. This speech demonstrates how having a strong confident voice and being prepared and aware of the topics you are going to cover are the key points to presenting anything well. I’m aware that I struggle a lot with my nerves anytime I present anything but watching videos such as this one as well as the example speakers above the. If I am fully aware of the topics I am to cover and I am prepared and aware of my pitch structure that I can overcome the fear and nerves if I just believe in myself and my ability to present.

Vision Pitch

• Vision
  • Problem
  • Solution
  • Market
  • Team
  • The ask

Overall this class brought to light the needs to consider when presenting and how I should aim to create my pitch deck and how I should aim to present myself for the pitch deck. I have tasked myself coming out this week class to begin structuring my pitch deck and creating my overall content to begin preparing for my presenting for Week 12.