For our 8th weeks class with Daniel we are focusing in on our “Project Pitch” assessment that is due in week 12. We are using this class to focus on some idea to try to build up some ideas around what we can pitch to an audience.

Our pitch brief is too present a pitch desk of a digital product, that consists of a 5 minute pitch and a 5 minute Q/A session and the assessment will take place in week 12. The digital product can include a website, app, game, cards, printed book etc.

Idea Generation –

Daniel demonstrated to us the best methods we can use to finalise ideas for our digital product and we got to up to our workshop this was our task for the week. Some of the example methods included:

• Moodboards
  • Sketching
  • Brain Storming
  • Mind Mapping
  • Visual Thinking
  • Connection/Assiciations
  • Worth way
  • What If?
  • Inspo
  • Osborn checklist

I was overly sure about a chunk of these but with Daniels explanations they all seem like informative ways to build up ideas.

I went with brainstorming with this task cause I’ve used this method plenty of times in the past and its always effective to generate my ideas.

For my process I wrote down all my main problems I could think of when I came to the applications that I would want out their on the market. From here I wrote my problem/solution of an idea in pink then from this branched of what this idea would be for in gold (mostly applications), I put some competitor brand that I was aware that don’t meet my problem needs and then from here I branched off once more of the individual elements that I wanted to go alone with the indivdual ideas.

With my drafted I ideas I looked further into the market and competitors of my ideas to see if I could generate any further problems within these and from thought of solution apps that would solve the problem.

My idea:

In the end I came to the conclusion that I was going to aim to create Travel application that focused on directing its users to hidden spots around the users located city. I went for this idea because it was the one ides that I could keep adding points to and the one idea I wanted to actually create and make.

I will be aiming to continue to do further research into my idea to build from it in order to have enough information gathered to back my idea up in order to pitch in week 12.

Overall this class was really fun and I loved getting to do something physically with pens and paper. It was also refreshing to see others in the class get involved and being able to help my peers build off their ideas and the possibilities of what they could create as a digital product around their idea generation.