This weeks lecture was different than the others we’ve had with Daniel. We got a guest speaker call Ronan McKinless a designer currently working in the industry.

Ronan got us thinking this week of “What kind of designer are you?” a topic I’ve thought about countless times. We looked at the different roles in the industry what makes them different and the skills needed to determine these job roles.

We looked at UX VS UI and how User Experience Design focuses on the complete function of an element of design that a user is interacting with via a service or project but a User Interface Designer is creating the ability of building the interface focusing on styling and interactivity.

We then looked at Small vs Large design agency and Ronan demonstrated how small design agency would be mainly focused on working as a tight knit group and usually can take longer to complete task depending on the amount of people in the team. While with a larger agency you might be given more specific tats for bigger projects to ensure of a bigger turnaround but can leader to more time pressures in the workforce.

Then finally working in a start up, which is when you work from the beginning on your own which can help build closer connections with your customers and see your yourself build and grow in your industry. However, it can mean longer working hours than it would in a bigger company.

Overall Ronan has helped me determine somewhat of the creative path I could potentially head down. I would like to aim to be a working in a start up but the expierence in working for a small design agency is something that I aspire to as I want to work in a close knit design agency to understand the important ongoings from the inside before I start up my own small design agency.