Animation for the Creative Industries post 2

Prop Making Role 

When the group had finished our game pitch we set out to make the game and we all picked our roles. I evenaly picked the role of making the majority of the prop for the game.

Size 

need to bring in the charther to make sure the scale was right

Prop List so far

Plan list for props that still needed for the game level.

Sketch

Later on a did a very early and basic sketch on the idea of what I planned the screen monatorers would look like.

Cleaner bot

I had set out to make another robot that would go around the level cleaning and maybe attack the charther if the charther changed it size to small mode. The resone the cleaning attacked was because of the small size of the charther it confuse it as small bit of rubbish and try’s to collect it.

Refences photo

Lift platforms

Laser beam walls

Making the Robot Turret

Turret Turn around with wireframe

Texturing Turret

First texture of the turret version. Was very dull and didn’t have any real colours or details.

2nd version of the turret texture, fixed the dullness of the first. Painted and highetned the white paint to give a welded plated look. Also put more details on the turret. I did go back and change the models glass cover to make it flat. The cerve of the first glass looked back when it had the transparent glass on it. The flatter glass was clearer.

I later on went back and made a 3rd texture of the turret to change the glass texture. It looked too realistist of glass and went against the art style. I painted a more painterly looking glass over it and didn’t make it transparent.

(Also I made Red laser bullets for the games people so they could make try to make the turret in game shoot lasers.)

Art style for the painting brush

After feedback from the lectures, we were told that everyone texturing and style are being ovilouse and we risk the game not looking consonant from each other texture. I showed how i made my texture. I sent in this screenshot to the group staring what brush I use, what filter’s I add on the brush layer to create the painting look. I even drew arrows and wrote on the screen what I used. I also include the colour pallet we had in our Art style bible.

Props I made and textured

How the props looked in game level

The Turret looks good in the game

New Refences images I looked at

Robot arm

Video i looked at to help me make robot arm – Motion Array – So Easy (youtube.com)

I tried making them look similar to the robot arms that are used as game refences.

Robot arm (without rigged) i was planning and testing what I want my arm to do when I get it rigged

Bone rigging

I had found a problem when rigging the robot arms. when rigging the bones i did not know how to make my suspensors bones to follow the upper part while the upper part follows the bottom one make it look like two things move in suspense. Also had problems with having the mesh connected together. Often the mesh would pop out from the main mesh

After a while I figured a solution to the problem. I realised that the bones direction had to face each other first then I had to go on bone constates made each bone Stretch constates onto each other and ended up with a fixed result. I did notice if the arm did move too fast that it would pop out suspenders of the arms.

Week 10 

How the game is starting to look like

We also did a game testing day where we shown off what we have done so far as a group. this let other people to give us their opinions of the game and we gave people a chance to game play test of what us a group has made for the game level.

Week 11

Intro Animation of the Room

In my group we discussed the idea of having an animation that plays before the player plays that shows the character (the player) waking up in the test tube, hearing the glass break fades to black ending with the player starting with the player standing in the room with a broken glass test tube [broken out of test tube]

Game intro 

My first attempt on making the game intro. Following the sketched out plan we made in class as a group.

I went off and made a start of the animation after I asked and was told the first room was finished. I went in Blender and recreated the room from unreal. Now when I started working on the animation apparently my games members where told to change the first room and worked on completely changing the day after they told me to work on the animation. The whole design of the room was changed and didn’t tell me. I only found after I showed the group on discord my progress.