Animation Reflection

Overall I enjoyed this assignment though I was definitely out of my comfort zone as the only 3d animation I had made before, from last semester, was not that great. I think I learned a lot about the pipeline and the general process of animating, especially in 3D, from this assignment.

I had fun doing the walk cycle, although it took me a little while to get used to the rig and how it worked, as well as re-acquaint myself with Maya’s animation interface and process. I loved the result and I think it’s my favourite one, although the animation is a bit more simple due to the arms not moving. The run cycle was also fun to do, and I definitely had improved as I found it easier to navigate and animate, with previous learned information sticking in my brain.

The body mechanics one was a lot harder to animate, especially with the action I chose to do including the arms and hands moving together a lot. I think it came out well and I am proud I was able to create something like what I was going for, even if I ran out of time at the end and the secondary clothes animation is a bit messed up.