Week 7 Homework – Introducing Animation

This week we finally began working on animation, and our first assignment was to animate three different bouncy ball animated clips.
I did manage to do so before Thursday, although I forgot to do the blog so I didn’t have anything to account for the work.

But here are the bouncy balls.
The first one is a generic rubber bouncy-ball, I hadn’t set out to make it a real ball for this one so it’s a little on the rubbery side.

The second one is a bowling ball, being heavier it doesn’t bounce much, but it does move a bit far thanks to momentum and inertia.

The last one was another rubber ball, but one of the larger inflatable ones. So it’s light and very bouncy, and slow to a degree.

After week 7 everyone is in their groups for the rest of the semester and the next one. I chose to return to the Space zoo group (group 3) which had integrated the Space olympics group (group 5) to keep the the whole theme of teamwork involved in the animation phase. Many groups had the same thing happen as well.
So this week, week 8, we are working on storyboarding and animating with forms.
So things should be interesting as our group has a first draft for what our storyboard will be, and everyone is taking parts of it to work on with slightly more detail.