So today we continued with our little Flour Sack as practice.  In this case, we focused on secondary movement, such as how hair, loose clothing or jewellery would have its own weight, and therefore it could have its own timing and frame rate when compared to the primary action.  Rather than my own Flour Sack, I chose to use Alec’s, and then just played with the timing and weight of a full head of hair on it.  It’s rough, but it’s cute.

We were also shown how to apply After Effects to our final animations.  I may look at it later.  But until then I want to focus on getting better at animating in general.

I decided to also put the animation of weight into practice, as I have an idea for my Build A World.  I have decided that the Old Man in my 8 second animation will have a big, round, floppy nose.  Similar to the Dwarves from Snow White – but I plan to use either Stromboli from Pinocchio or Willie The Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk as my main reference in terms of shapes and design.  I delved a little into the Animator’s Survival Kit for reference, and in particular would like to borrow more from the swinging motion, as presented.