IXD103 – Inanimate object task

During our first lecture back Daniel set us a quick task that was enjoyable to partake in. We had to describe an inanimate object in our surroundings without revealing what it was. This is what I chose to write about:

‘I can help to light up a room. I can have many different scents and colours. I come in different sizes’.

My object was a candle and it was really interesting to see other peoples takes on this, some were so elaborate and so fun to try and crack. I found it great to see others perspectives on this task. Equally it was interesting to see others who chose a ‘candle’ to see their approach to describing the same thing and how different the summaries can come across by simple using different words.

The task he assigned us for this week was to begin to brand ourselves and create bios for ourselves by using describing words. So this task has prepared me for this next exercise. I really enjoyed this task and overall feel like it has enlightened me on how important the correct use of words are when it comes to branding.