Website feedback and update

Updated wireframes

I tried my first wireframes design previously, however the circle images did not work therefore I went back to the drawing board and started over again. I included the primary colours and my updated idea for a black banner for my navigation.

During the group critique on my website I had some changes to make. The advice I received form Kyle and Pauline really helped make my website appear more interesting and professional looking. I had some problems with the entering of text and positioning the text to the left so it is more easy to read but they helped me with that.

They also told me to make sure my title is in line with the navigation for a cleaner look. I did this and realised it made such a difference.I also changed the colour of the heading titles of my essay to co-ordinate with the colours of Piet Mondrians work – the primary colours. I feel like this ties the website together and enhances the overall design, furthermore making it more interesting to read and look at because the all black text was a little boring.

They also advised me to put the title of each image underneath beside the ‘fig’, so it is clear what each image is and who made it etc. I chose a smaller font and to change the colour to a grey so it is still legible but not as heavy on the screen. I think this looks nice against the bold black navigation. This is an example of how the description of each image looks under this piece by Piet Mondrian.

I also took their advice on placement of my overall body copy and the centering of my website. I had to take away the padding I had and then I had to make sure I had text-align centre in my css. I also changed the bibliography to alphabetical order and changed the centering so it can be read from the left. Overall I think the end outcome was successful and I feel like I executed that clean look I wanted to with the black and white theme with splashes of the primary colours throughout.