How do memory and language interact during language processing?
In this study, you will be asked to read sentences one word at a time, and answer questions about the sentences. The sentences vary in length (some longer, some shorter), and we are interested in your own intuitions as a native speaker of English.
For your participation, you will have the opportunity to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
Purpose of the study
- This research is being conducted by Dr Juliana Gerard at Ulster University.
- We are inviting you to participate in this research project because you are an adult native speaker of English.
- The purpose of this research project is to better understand how humans understand language.
- The study will last for up to 30 minutes.
- You will be asked to silently read sentences one word at a time (press the space bar to advance the words).
- You will then be asked to answer questions about these sentences.
***Please note: Some of the questions that you will be asked to answer are designed to ensure that you are paying attention to the task.
Please be aware that your survey data may not be included in the study if too many of these questions are answered incorrectly.***
Your agreement indicates that:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You freely and voluntarily choose to participate in this research project.
- You understand that your participation is voluntary and you are free to withdraw your information from the study at any time.
- You agree to the researchers recording the data from this session, knowing that this material will be saved on the PI’s secure drive without any personal identifying information, to be used for research purposes only.