In the Language and Memory Research Lab, we are interested in the structure and function of human language: how language is represented, processed, acquired and used.
Our research focuses on language acquisition and processing in children and adults.
- Language Acquisition: how do memory and language interact throughout development?
- Language Processing: How do memory and language interact during language processing?
- Multilingualism: how do children acquire more than one language?
- Language Made Fun: supporting English as a second language in primary school children
- Language awareness in schools: developing resources for language awareness in secondary school
- Historical Syntax: how does language change over time?