Week 11 – One on One feedback

This week I had my second. one on one feedback session with Aodhan. During this he suggested I make a few minor changes to my animation to help try and sell the movement of the characters more. With this he suggested with Joe that he should have a bit more exaggeration when squinting to see what the noise was, and when rolling his eyes try and have the eyes opened fully to allow for a lot more movement with the eyes. He also suggested with Chip that when he reels back for his punch at the end to have his fist pull back more, however when I tried this out I felt like the hand and arm was getting way too small. Instead I went this adding his right arm into the foreground to try and make a contrast between both hands hoping to make the hand in the back seem that it’s being pulled back further that what it is.

In addition to all this I had also made some changes between the roughs last week and the pre-feedback rough. I wanted to change a few things such as the door, when looking back though on my animation a few times I noticed the door wasn’t opening correctly so I went and referenced an opening door to try and get the movement right! I also went ahead and changed the movement for Joe’s head a bit and fixed the arm once Chip jumps! I also changed the timing a bit aswell as I felt the first pass was a bit too fast in some areas.

First rough:

Pre-feedback:

Post-feedback:

References:

Door Animation Stock Illustrations – 420 Door Animation Stock Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime