Modelling A Table

This week, we were tasked with modelling a table, certainly a bit more difficult than modelling a vase! At first I was actually rather overwhelmed by it, as the imaged we were provided weren’t from a fully side on view like Alec reccomended, and I wasn’t entirely sure where to begin.
However! After taking a night to collect myself, I went back to look at the pictures we had and realised the legs weren’t as difficult as
I thought they initially looked, and once I had one of the legs modelled, the rest would be a breeze.

I got to work modelling the table legs, the angle of the table wasn’t ideal, so some of the positioning I had to just eyeball, but I tried to get the bumps and shapes of it as exact as I could! It looks deceptively simple at a first glance but there was actually a lot more detail to the legs than I realised!

The finished leg!

Next, I made the top of the table, I just used a bunch of cubes that I bevelled in certain places for this. I also deleted the tops off all these shapes as another long cube was going to go on top!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/805211356601122856/816404846436417566/c56e59d1f834c5c18b98cc981c455956.png

And here you can see the fully finished table! I’m actually really proud of this, I think it was a really nice step up from the vase!

Table!
by sumirerin
on Sketchfab