Creating my final cv and cover letter

Taking Daniels advice I moved from using Illustrator to create this and I moved to InDesign to create my CV, this is to improve my layout skills as this is something I struggle with and it made the world of difference. I struggle with alignment and grids etc but with practice I know I can improve these skills. From completing my cv I can say Indesign is definitely the right application for forms and documents like these. I have added my before and afters below.

First draft of cv

Final cv

Final pdf link- CaoimheGreene_CV

What business did I choose ?

Instil & ESO

First draft of cover letter example-

Final draft of layout-

CaoimheGreene_CoverLetter

Reflection

The changes I made to both cover letter layout and my CV wasn’t anything drastic, these simple layout changes completely transformed my outcomes and I love the outcomes. I got this advice from Daniel, to neaten and tighten everything up and it made the world of difference! My outcomes have incorporated everything that I wanted it too, I think this shows my brand off in a professional light but the pops of colour from my brand show off my playful creative side in a subtle way. I added colour in a subtle but still noticeable way which I really like, I added it to my page numbers, my brands logo and I think that the end result is really effective. I know a CV is always changing and I will always be adapting and adding to the information but I am really pleased with my end outcome.

IXD302 – Creating my final cv and cover letter
Tagged on: