Monday class

Today Henry taught us about shading in unreal engine, and how to use substance textures in unreal.

Played in substance painter to get re-acquainted with it, as i have forgotten most of what to do in it.

Also played in Quixel Mixer, its pretty fun, though i don’t fully understand it yet.

marked out the basic rings for the body.

and started filling it in, I think  the rings made it faster, but I should have planned the amount of faces per ring as it was sometimes hard to link up the faces.

After it was finished I started on the mushroom, I already had it modeled, it was made from a Sphere so I got rid of the top faces because they where triangles, and filled in the gap with squares.

Then my little guy was done with retopology, so i started to uv.

next i’m going to work on making custom brushes, for the fur, twigs, mushrooms, and bark shell.

Thursday Class

I tried to fix the weightlift animation based on the feedback i got from Aodhan, about it being a snap up then slow pull on the bar. not sure how well i did.

Today Alec taught us about jumping in 3D animation. he gave us a file of a keyed out jump that we have to time and add in-betweens to.

(hold down pose at end of jump)

(start on step then bezier?)

block out

then with bezier. its a little to fast i think.

the take off seemed a little jolty?..

that’s better.

We also got a talk from Andrew where he showed us some of his work. he talked us through arcs, and advised us to record our own references.

Then Aodhan taught us about head turns in 2D,

this was the reference we had to use

my little head turn. looked weird not having the second eyebrow appear so i added it.

Then after class we had a talk from Paper owl and NI screens.

22nd January- 26th January 9am-5pm 2d animation pipeline masterclass. apply by 13th December.

looking for trainee animators,

schedule

Monday scripting, story boarding, and company presentation 1

Tuesday, storyboarding, edit, animatic, design/asset creation, and company presentation 2

Wednesday, design/ assets creation  …  scene prep/ Layout

Thursday, animation, animation, animation, and company presentation

Friday, edit/vfx/comp, music and sound design, company presentation 4, company presentation 5

I am interested in attending, it seems fun.

I did a little line of action bounce as practice.