we were told to work on walk cycles over summer, in both 2D and 3D,

I decided to do my 2d walk cycle of my old dnd character Rosé she is a pink tiefling with green hair. Here are some old references of her. Most of these have been posted on my instagram (arcanum_rosa).

I haven’t played her in campaign in a while and was missing her so I decide to draw her.

I drew her base first and… kind of forgot I could use references for a walk cycle… but I blame this on the fact I was referencing her clothing from the previously shown drawings. But despite not using a reference I hunk the cycle turned out pretty good, although a little stiff. I then focused on the tail movement.

After I got the tail movement down, and liked how it looked, I focused on her hair braid. This took a while, I started like the tail and drew a line that had the movement I wanted then I drew the braid on top, I made sure to keep the amount of braid segments the same, so it stayed consistent (If I recall correctly it has 20 segments).

I then added the clothes. This was hard and had to be redrawn a few times, as she has a very loose outfit style so a lot of parts have their own movements. And also the hands went in front of and behind the braid but I had to keep the directional flow of the fabric the same. I also tried to add creases to the trousers.

Lastly I added her scimitar I had it mostly effected by the leg closest to it as if it was rubbing or being dragged by the movement of that leg.

Then it was time to line. This cleared up the overlapping movements a lot, and made it look much better.

I then added flat colours and some light blushing to her skin to make her look less flat, I really like how it turned out.

For the 3D I wanted to make a robot character, kind of like a power ranger mixed with the mega sword robot.