Homework:

ㅇ Finish sculpt of Gumi. ✔

–  Finish Gumi’s Retopology in 2 weeks.

I rounded out the ear bump on the inside, and added some edge loops to the outfit towards the edges to keep them sharp.

I also added the bits of the “collar” that connect to the bells.

I then started adding some facial details.

I want the cheeks to be flush with the face so I will just add those during the colouring stage.

I then added the pockets as those should stick out a bit.

I noticed that the pockets had an N-gon which was making a triangle look so I fixed that.

I then added the details to the top.

I then had to carve out the bells, I started by getting rid of some faces, to carve out the circles, but I quite liked how it looked being blocky but that doesn’t fit the hotel Transylvania style.

I decided to keep an aspect of the blocky, and my original just circles; so I made the holes flower shaped to match the prop she is going to have.

I encountered a problem when, trying to sculpt, in that remeshing would cause some of my objects to deform?

I left it for a while before I retried, I also asked if anyone knew a way to stop it from rounding the edges, I might just leave it as it is and sculpt atop the retopology so I can keep the sharp edges, as I don’t know how to keep them and sculpt the folds.

The lecturer gave me this advice so I will try that, but a lot of my model is very thin and or angled so… I’m not sure what to do if reducing the voxel size doesn’t work.

I don’t have to sculpt much, I would just want to add an indication of fur at the colour transitions on the legs, arms, tails, and ears, blend the ears to the head, and add wrinkles to the collar. But, I cant do that at the moment as those are the areas that distort the most when I try to remesh to sculpt.

Because of the problems I ran into when trying to sculpt the character, I haven’t started the Retopology.