For homework we worked on studying perspective and compositions.

I studied perspective from the anime SpyxFamily.

the first scene I studied was a scene from a train station, in 1 point perspective. I did this by drawing over the straight lines I saw and trying to help build the environment just using straight lines. This homework was pretty fun as I got to re-watch SpyxFamily to look for some good shots to draw.

The next scene is from inside a train also in 1 point perspective, it seems that 1 point perspective is the most common type of perspective used in animation as it was the one I saw the most of.

The last scene that I studied is from inside Loid Forgers home while Anya watches Tv. I thought when I saw this scene that it was in 2 point because of the table and paper stack, but it is also just 1 point but at an angle.

Then I studied composition from old paintings this one seems to follow rule of thirds with things reflected evenly on both sides of the painting.

This one was in 1 point perspective, and had a theme of 3’s, 3 openings in the back wall, 3 groups of people, 3 horizontal plains.

This one is also in rule of thirds with the bigger points of the painting being the bed and the window on the intersecting lines.

Then we had to make 6 thumbnails based in the world we made in groups last week (see group work ) 

I did mainly silhouetted thumbnails trying to focus on the tonal range, and composition. I did one with perspective in mind although I just did a simple 1 point perspective tonal thumbnail. It was fun to think about and do.